Follow-up on my post "Limiting Re-finishing"

I took the recommendation of " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" and used Jasco's Premium Paint & Epoxy Remover because it claimed to:

  1. remove tough and easy coatings including paint, epoxy, urethane, latex, lacquers
  2. be fast-acting in 5-15 minutes
  3. remove "multiple coats with one application".

I used a new paint brush to flow the remover on in a thick coat in one direction. I waited 15 minutes (until surface was blistered)/ I removed the finish with a plastic spatula.

ALL OF JASCO's CLAIMS WERE LIES!! After following the above process FOUR times, almost all of the original finish remained.

I then used a DeWalt Heavy-Duty 1/4-Sheet Palm Grip Sander. I started with 80-grit sandpaper and it removed ALL of the finish very quickly and cleanly. I then used a 150-grit sandpaper and finished with a

220-grit sandpaper. FANTASTIC RESULTS!!

Jasco wasted my money and wasted my time. It should be ashamed and embarrassed to sell such a worthless product.

Reply to
gcotterl

So uh, which is it? In the previous paragraph you stated that you removed the finish with a plastici spatula. Now you say that you did it 4 times and the original finish remained.

You da Man.

IT ??? I am sure that after this thorough tongue lashing that can on remover is feeling mighty ashamed.

I read this post and the previous one. All this post did was repeat what the first post said. It wasted my time. You realize that because you live in California and because people in California are so susceptible to getting sick or getting cancer that all products there are watered down to begin with.

Reply to
Leon

:)

Reply to
CW

The "remove the finish with a plastic spatula" is a quote from Jasco's directions. My point is that, even after FOUR applications, I could NOT remove very much of the finish.

Le> >I took the recommendation of " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" and used Jasco's

Reply to
gcotterl

Perhaps, however you said, "I" removed the finish with a plastic spatula.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" snip

Hey! I resemble that remark! :)