Folding legs for workbench?

I have a 4x4 workbench made from 2 sheets of 3/4 ply. I just use it for a convenient flat surface for glue-ups and dry fits and stuff. I set it on a couple saw horses when I need to use it.
Its becoming to0 heavy to lift and move around the shop for me now.
Are there plans for a folding workbench? I could use my current top if I could put some folding legs on it so that I could drop and lock one legs on one side that lift the bench and drop and lock the other legs. That way it would be so heavy to haul up in the air to set on saw horses. Maybe there is a mechanism that one can buy that uses 2x4 for legs? I dont need a beefy sturdy set up as it just do glue-ups on it.
Any thoughts appreciated. thanks
trs80 wrote: | I have a 4x4 workbench made from 2 sheets of 3/4 ply. I just use | it for a convenient flat surface for glue-ups and dry fits and | stuff. I set it on a couple saw horses when I need to use it. | | Its becoming to0 heavy to lift and move around the shop for me now. | | Are there plans for a folding workbench? I could use my current | top if I could put some folding legs on it so that I could drop and | lock one legs on one side that lift the bench and drop and lock the | other legs. That way it would be so heavy to haul up in the air to | set on saw horses. Maybe there is a mechanism that one can buy | that uses 2x4 for legs? I dont need a beefy sturdy set up as it | just do glue-ups on it. | | Any thoughts appreciated.
You might adapt my tilting shop cart design to produce a table that'll lock in either vertical or horizontal - and can be rolled out of the way for storage. There're photos at the link below.
trs80 wrote: | I have a 4x4 workbench made from 2 sheets of 3/4 ply. I just use | it for a convenient flat surface for glue-ups and dry fits and | stuff. I set it on a couple saw horses when I need to use it. | | Its becoming to0 heavy to lift and move around the shop for me now. | | Are there plans for a folding workbench? I could use my current | top if I could put some folding legs on it so that I could drop and | lock one legs on one side that lift the bench and drop and lock the | other legs. That way it would be so heavy to haul up in the air to | set on saw horses. Maybe there is a mechanism that one can buy | that uses 2x4 for legs? I dont need a beefy sturdy set up as it | just do glue-ups on it. | | Any thoughts appreciated. | thanks
You might adapt my tilting shop cart design to produce a table that'll lock in either vertical or horizontal - and can be rolled out of the way for storage. There're photos at the link below.
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/shop_cart.html

attach it to a set of folding table legs (from a 2006 Harbor Freight ad: <http://bfads.net/pop/2452 )
The dimensions of my frame are such that a 4x8 sheet extends on all sides. I got the idea off some web page as a saw table for using a circular saw to cut large sheet goods down to approximate size before bringing them down to the basement shop. I have an old pdf from Fine Woodworking that shows a table like this, but can't find a more detailed description anymore. It is on my computer as a rather lengthy article entitled "A Circular Saw in the Furniture Shop?"
--
Best regards
Han