fold-up table

My neighbor has a table that is made of 6 oak planks all hinged together. The legs fold out as a separate unit and are hinged like the old comping cots. The two are latched together to form a camp table. Wife wants on made. I can't find any of the old strap hinges that were used in the old army cot days. Any ideas? Thanks for your time and efforts.
Don
Have you checked Lee Valley www.leevalley.com they have a good source of hard to get hardware items.
Bob S.

snipped-for-privacy@dcn.davis.ca.us wrote in news:grug51d81hu5vdlb0h4q2944hoaoh81slv@ 4ax.com:

You need a really good, old-school hardware store. We have two or three in Martinez, but there ought to be something in Davis or Sacramento. Look for an Ace, or maybe a True Value, or a Do it Best, where you can buy hardware that isn't all prepackaged in shrink wrap plastic. Somewhere where the help remembers the Eisenhower administration.
Patriarch

I'd sure like to see some photos if you get it figured out.
Jason