FLUTING JIG AND OTHER MOLDING QUESTIONS

Hello, All!
I am designing a fluting jig which I might use on uprights of doorframes. My design is innovative on paper and looks like it might work very well, yet I was wondering if anyone out there has already seen some sort of rig out there already. Please do not suggest corporate vendors such as Rockler or Woodcraft as their expensive stuff is out of my league. I do not have thousands of dollars to spend.
In addition to the fluted uprights I want to make my own rosettes, moulding, fineals, etc. Is there a "Mother Earth" type site for woodworking? In additiom. is there a "perfect material" for trim? Would you suggest raw wood or prefab stuff?
I am in the planning stage and am realizing all of the avenues out there. Please pardon my ignorance.
In the interim, I will continue to design my jig. If you are interested, simply reply. I can send copies and you might have the opportunity to tell me where I am going wrong.
Thanks
Bobby www.wixlan.com http://www.awhangar.com/wixlan.html

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/plans/index.cfm/plan_details/5/61/1870
I made this one following the plans and it works flawlessly. The secret to it is the springboard fence. No slop whatsoever. I see on the site that the issue is sold out. If you like I can scan the article and email it to you. (you might have to wait a couple of days as I just lent the issue to a friend to build the same jig.)
p.s. Bigdog, Unless you want to scan it and send it to him. B
Ditto here, built the same jig from a friend's copy. Works like a charm, one of the better designs.
Mutt