Flush fitting drawer fronts Loosey Goosey?

I am making a hall table for my mother out of maple. The drawer fronts are flush fitting.

Should I make them as snug as possible all the way around because humidity is high now and probably at max expansion?

Or is there a possibility they could still expand after finishing and standing over time?

Thanks.

Reply to
stoutman

if you are sure that the wood is at max volume right now, make the drawers fit such that a business card can be slipped snugly in the gap all of the way around.

Reply to
bridger

I shoot for 1/16 to 3/32" total clearance when measuring the total of both sides or top and bottom.

Reply to
Leon