Florida bookcase tragedy

Not only that, but he has pointedly said he will *NEVER* pay and has purposely hidden all of his assets in order to avoid paying anything. This whole book deal was specifically brokered so that he's never actually receive any money in his own name, it would go to someone else and be safe from confiscation under the law.
<quote> Family members scoured her room for clues but found nothing, Apparently, they suck at scouring.
B.

Oh, well, if CNN says it, it must be true.
[yeah, right]
Agree with others here, this just doesn't pass the smell test (no pun intended).
Mark & Juanita wrote:

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ That wasn't my point. While the details of the case may or not be suspicious, the fact that so many news services have picked up the story certainly clears it of the BS / Troll claim.
Pete C.
(Tim W) did post a story:
Sounds like BS - or a troll - to me. When's the last time you've seen a bookcase out from the wall, unless someone's moved it? They called in the cops, and the cops didn't even look in her room - or notice the small - or notice the foot sticking out? IF there actually was a body behind a bookcase, and I was a cop on the case, I'd be wondering if someone had stuffed her back there.
I agree.. If she could not get out, why did she not scream for help? Probably the parents felt that after 38 years it was time that she moved out one way or the other.
Leon wrote:

It is in the paper today, so it is not a troll. The article in our paper says that she probably fell back there trying to adjust an electric plug. If she fell down and depending on the dimensions, she could easily have been compressed enough to eliminate any yelling and quickly suffocate.
I also, can't figure out why nobody checked the room completely or noticed the foot? But, many people are completely unaware of most things about them. And, stupidity knows no bounds!

Yeah I actually feel that she probably knocker herself out and never regained consciousness.

Yup. I do more thorough looks for less significant objects.
Leon wrote:

Also even for more aware folks, when you are looking for a large object i.e. person, you tend not to look in small places as you would for lost keys.
Pete C.

About a year ago, in a small town near me, a man who lived alone was reported missing by his family. The cops searched for him for two weeks until a family member noticed a strange smell in his bedroom. He was lying in his own bed "under a pile of clothes".
DonkeyHody "If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail." - Abraham Maslow

How did the clothes get on top of him?
Tue, Nov 28, 2006, 4:34pm locutus snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Locutus) asked: How did the clothes get on top of him?
I wondered about that too. Also wondered how the girl would have gotten on top of the bureau? Step up on a chair? If so the chair should've still been there.
JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.
J T wrote:

Under a pile of clothes is easy, try making your bed, then dump a pile of laundry on top, now crawl into bed under the mess. If it was someone poor who couldn't afford to heat the place properly it's more insulation too, not just a mess.
Pete C.
Wed, Nov 29, 2006, 3:28am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net (PeteC.) doth sayeth: Under a pile of clothes is easy, try making your bed, then dump a pile of laundry on top, now crawl into bed under the mess. If it was someone poor who couldn't afford to heat the place properly it's more insulation too, not just a mess.
Easy maybe, but I don't see it for keeping warm. I've slept cold before, and if I didn't have extra blankets to put over me, I would "not" pile clothes on top of myself, they'd slip off, I'd put the clothes on, then go to bed.
JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.
J T wrote:

Second article link: "Mariesa's television was plugged into a power strip that ran to an outlet behind a tall wooden bookshelf with a solid back. Whenever something went wrong with a plug, she or Gina stood on a bureau next to the shelf and leaned over the top to make an adjustment. Maybe this time she leaned too far and pitched headfirst over the edge."
(Tim W) did post a story:
Sounds like BS - or a troll - to me.
It's the BBC, not known for BS and if you want you can trace the original report from the Local paper - St Petersburg Chronicle or something.
tim W
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:45:51 GMT, "Tim W"

St. Petersburg Times.
I read the article and the obit. I feel there is something that isn't being told. And not that it lessens the heartache for the family, but it might help explain how it happened. 38 years old, living at home, physically quite small, extremely menial job by the sound of it. I wonder if this woman had "special needs." Especially as the suspected scenario was an abduction.
But the smell part bothers me. I've had dead things in the house on two occasions. It's not a smell you can ignore. Granted, it's not always easy to track down (never did find the carcasses in either case), especially if it's a rodent, but if you have a missing person AND an odor, it seems to me it's time to tear the house apart.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

I agree with you.
This is a quote from the Chicago Tribune.... "A spokesman for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office said Mariesa Weber's death was not suspicious."
I would be interested to know how they came to that conclusion.

BBC _not_ known for BS? Yeah, right. Neither is the NYT.
Nonetheless, having been on more than enough DRTLW calls, humans smell just like dead rats, only larger, therefore longer. If no one was home during the brief time she might have been able to yell before the presumably full and therefore heavy bookcase and the weight of her internal organs suffocated her, then it's certainly not suspicious. Lividity would let them know if the body had remained in any other position very long, even if there were no other injuries besides the small hemorrhages known in cases of suffocation.
Police seldom look at the home of a missing adult, even if the occupants grant them entrance. Not to mention that adults are considered to have the right to go wherever they want and stay as long as they care to.
George wrote:

BS, maybe not, Bliars Brainwashing Colusionists would never BS....
Sat, Dec 2, 2006, 12:03am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (badger.badger) doth sayeth: BS, maybe not, Bliars Brainwashing Colusionists would never BS....
You can always tell a gentleman, because a gentleman always says "amazing" instead of "bullshit".
JOAT I am, therefore I think.