Floor Scraper (Festool?)

I , not long ago either read an article or saw an advertisement about a power scraper for creating the hand scraped effect on new or old flooring Can't find any information on how to do it! I believe it was a Festool unit/attachment that was referencing. I found a "serrated" blade for the Planer, but don't know if that is the right unit. SIL is remodeling their house and putting down new hand scrapped , but would like to redo some existing flooring to match.

Any of you Festool guys familiar with this?

Reply to
Bill Hall

Yes. You can get cutters for the Festool planer that will give you the desired effect.

Reply to
Robatoy

click on the picture with the green plus sign.

Leon

Thanks to you both! I had found one site with several "scrapers" , but had not seen the site Leon referred. That shows what I was looking to find. Will pass on to the SIL.

Reply to
Bill Hall

Yeah. I have the 850 with the three different heads/blades. You need the correct head, not just the blade. I've never done distressed flooring with it, but it should work great.

One thing, though - a lot of the show one of the rustic blade profiles (think corrugated) being used for distressed flooring. I'd think that the undulating blade would give much better results for flooring. The wavier profiles would make the floor look too busy with too many starts and stops.

RicodJour