Floor leveling question

I have old oak flooring that's laid on a floor that's 3/4" off the level. I want to lift the oak off,level the sub floor & relay the oak. Anyone know of a product that I could pour & then nail thru to relay the floor?

Reply to
Chris

Is the house or room 3/4" out because the foundation setttled? Is this

3/4" >I have old oak flooring that's laid on a floor that's 3/4" off the level. I
Reply to
Jim Behning

There are some "no shrink" grouts out there that I have used in the concrete trade. I've set 50 ton concrete walls on a 2" pad placed on a regular footing. As far as nailing the oak down, we had simular situations. We would drill a 1/4" inch hole and fill in with a 1/4" dowel, mark the hole and then place the wood and nail into the dowel. One trick is to keep the hole at a certain distance (off of the previuos piece) so you dont have to "hunt for it.

Reply to
i82much

> It may be a slow process to remove old oak flooring without destroying

Reply to
Chris

If you are stating that one of the 14' long joists has sagged you could do a few things. If it is not load bearing you could cut it and sister in a new straight joist. Not the most fun task but if the goal is to get a dip out I bet it is less work that tearing up the old floor, leveling and trying to install a damaged old floor. All those nails get in the way of flipping a new joist in. I replaced a few joists at a friend's house after a fire. Termites had destroyed a few. Even after the house was gutted from drywall and cabinets flipping a new joist in was a pain. Actually we tore the old carboard joist out and replaced it. If you have seen a termite eaten board they leave nothing but air it seems.

So is this dip in the middle of the 4 foot hallway someplace or is it by a wall where a load was put on a joist where a double or triple joist should have been? Or was it just a joist that went a little wild as it dried out?

I did eng>The foundation has not settled. This is in the main hall about 4ft across &