"flipper" doors

Folks -

Okay, this one's about WOODWORKING... not the students, this time...

I am building an entertainment center, chest on chest design and the client wants flipper doors in the upper cabinet to conceal the teeeeveeee. I've never fooled with flippers before... It looks like I need to allow an additional 4" clearance, plus 1 1/2" for interior panels, to add to my "net" inside width. Does anyone have anything posted on the web on how to do this, or more importantly, what to watch for? The cabs I am building will be set up with face frames and overlaid doors. So, to allow for a 30w teevee, I am looking at an internal cabinet width of ~36" so that I have a fraction extra to play with.

I'd sure appreciate some pointers here...

MTC/TIA

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

Tom Watson

John:

We will post some tech info on our web site tomorrow. I thought it was already up, but couldn't find it when I checked, so the web guy will be adding it in the morning. Also, feel free to call our tech support line at

1-800-443-7937. We carry the Mepla line, and I have been very happy with its performance. At least the parts themselves are on the site.Check
for further info.

HTH,

Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws

Jim

what Tom said and also, take a look at the new Accurides that allow for a full overlay door. Gone are the daze when the lower cabinets had wider doors and the flippers looking so funny with their skinnier doors.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A-100