flatten wall frames

Hi,
I'm about finishing up the frames (2x4s) for my 9x12 shed. I read the next step is to put up 3/8 exterior plywoods then wall paper. I noticed quite some places in the frame that they are not flat., some place even extrude out 1/8 inch. How should I flat/surface the frames? How flat should they be?
Eric.
Sounds like a candidate for alt.home.repair.

be?
Eric, 1/8" is fine for a shed. Depending on what the final finish is you could even be off by twice that much without much of a problem. If you are really concerned plane off the high spots. Why are you putting wallpaper in your shed?
-Jack

Jack - it's white wallpaper. It so he can post about how much brighter the shed is.

That may be true, but I alway prefer to be brighter than my shed rather than the other way around. Same reason I don't paint fence posts.
-Jack
well then, he'd better put in a skylight to heighten the effect.
dave
mttt wrote:

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the info.
Sorry for the typo for "wall paper". I actually don't know what kind paper it is called. It's the black paper that's used as a water-proof layer.
Eric.

next
extrude

Called "tar paper", at least once-upon-a-time. <grin>

And then what are you putting over the tar paper?
-Jack

quite
they

the
could
If it were my shed I'd skip the first layer of plywood. You would see in the following order: Studs, tarpaper, siding, primer, paint.
-Jack

should
don't worry about an 1/8". You aren't building a piano. :)
dave
Eric Chi wrote:

1/8" should be fine for a shed. If it is more, it is either replaced, or you can cut a saw kerf at a 45 angle on the convex side. Push the stud straight, shim the kerf if necessary so it is tight when the stud is straight, then nail through the kerf to hold it straight.
Consider using Hardi board over the felt (tar paper).
Preston

be?