FIY Great Deal on Ryobi Teck 4 Combo Kit

Normally I don't go for the entry level cordless tools but this deal is a very good one.

If you need or are in the market for hearing protectors, the Ryobi Tek 4 brand protectors is in a combo kit that is on sell for $49.99, shipped.

I got a pair of these hearing protectors for Christmas for $69.00 by them selves.

Ths kit also has a small drill, power snips, flash light, cell phone charger and charger. Basically you get the hearing protectors for $20 off and every thing else is free.

The hearing protectors are great IMHO and fit. Most all others I have tired would open or leak when I opened my mouth or yawned. They allow normal sounds and cut out the loud noises.

Leon

Would the headphones be suitable for the firing range?

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave In Texas

I doubt the response time is up to it... dunno...

Reply to
Robatoy

Read the specs, duh. :-p

"Meets applicable OSHA design standards for jobsite and gun range use"

Reply to
-MIKE-

> Would the headphones be suitable for the firing range?

I would think so, AAMOF some one wrote a review and indicated that he used them at the range and felt they were as good if not better at the range You can also just leave them turned off.

Reply to
Leon

I doubt the response time is up to it... dunno...

Typically these type work fine, the report tends to last longer than you would expect. You may hear a little but not all of the blast.

Reply to
Leon

I'll find out; I went for it anyway. Thanks Leon.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave In Texas

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:47:11 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

For $15 (on sale right now

), HF has the active hearing protectors which work well at the rifle range as well as in the shop. Their red cheapies, 43768, are $2 on sale and work just fine in all shop settings, too. Where do they get so much money for muffs? Ouch! OH, they're "ipod compatible".

I picked up a copy of Toshio Odate's _Japanese Woodworking Tools: Their Tradition and Use_ and an azebiki for myself for Christmas. I'm going to start the book tonight (2 false starts later), after I finish a Star Trek paperback.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:03:15 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

HF's are.

Larry Jaques

I have had a similar pair and while they do indeed work well, they are for smaller heads, IYWR I mentioned that my previous smaller pair leaked sound/lost a firm connection when I opened my mouth or yawned. The Tek4 are the only ones that I have tried that fit well regardless if you wear a cap or not. Typically the other hearing protectors would not fit low enough to properly cover my ears when I wore a cap.

Reply to
Leon