fix 3x21 belt sander tracking

A dowel accidentally jammed in my 3x21" Ryobi belt sander and it won't track properly now. The drive roller took a beaten, so I took it apart to clean and to examine any damage. Unfortunately, it still won't track and the sandpaper loop overhangs by 1/4" on the drive roller (tracks fine on the other). Any ideas on how to fix this before I consider retiring this workhorse? Thanks.

Reply to
Phisherman

Take the front wheel assembly apart. Literally bend the assembly so that the spring and screw can change the pitch again. I really liked that sander, but when it did it a second time I decided it was time to replace it. I did get the Bosch this time. I don't know which is a clone of which. There is a slight difference in the cases as I had to rework my jig that holds the unit upside down. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DanG A live Singing Valentine quartet, a sophisticated and elegant way to say I LOVE YOU! snipped-for-privacy@okchorale.org (local)

(national)

Reply to
DanG