five minutes away...

The kids are still young enough to believe.

When do we stop believing, anyway? Maybe more importantly, why?

There were no presents under the tree when they went to sleep. There are now.

The stockings are stuffed. The cookies and milk are gone. Santa wrote a thank you note, in crayon.

There are boot prints in the snow and hoof prints too. Think I'll tell them that reindeer are fine with Kentucky Bluegrass as a snack.

They went to sleep pretty quickly. But damn, I'm too excited to.

Even tho' Santa brings me nothing. My gifts are already here.

I'm the richest man on earth. Thank you Lord! Thank you.

Please - bring peace on earth and goodwill to all. Merry Christmas and God bless you all.

Reply to
patrick conroy

My sister was told when she was small that Santa would quit bringing her presents when she didn't believe in him. She passed away in her thirty's, and would never admit that Santa wasn't real. She always had presents from Santa under the tree........

Reply to
My Old Tools

Sadly, this is the year Silvan grew up, I guess. I don't have enough cheer to fill a Barbie sized thimble.

I hope everyone else is having a more enjoyable time of it this year.

Reply to
Silvan

Well you do have your WW buddies to hang with... Things could be worse. Have some cheerful thoughts and a cup of grog.

Best wishes, TWS

Reply to
TWS

50 years old and I still belive! Santa is real! He is as real as you make him!

Never stop beliving!

Reply to
Joe Willmann

Even better Michael, find a few of those buddies and go to a bar for a few cups of grog.

Reply to
Upscale

Well, they say misery loves company. I haven't felt much cheer either. So let's you and me cheer each other up, huh?

My hand isn't yet completely recovered from the surgery seven months ago. I have considerably more range of motion in the thumb than I did before the surgery, but it's still unbelievably weak and nowhere nearly back to normal.

Now I'm recuperating from the same surgery on the *other* hand, just last week. I can't lift anything heavier than a coffee cup in my left hand without it hurting like hell.

Since getting his license this spring, my 16-YO son has been driving my full-size pickup truck. Right up until the engine seized from lack of oil. So we've been working together rebuilding the engine, as our schedules permit. Now I can't lift anything.

And last week my Suburban was stolen, right out of my driveway. Came out last Monday morning to get the newspaper, and... no truck. S**t. In ten weeks we've gone from three running vehicles to one. If anyone sees a two-tone blue '86 GMC Suburban with minor sheet metal damage, partially repaired, on the right rear fender just below the taillight ... that truck is *not* where it's supposed to be. Please call the police and tell them it was reported stolen in Indianapolis on 13 Dec.

Plus side: a kind and loving extended family, a great church, plenty of friends, I'm mostly healthy (and what health problems I do have seem temporary), I have a warm place to sleep and enough to eat, and I live in America.

I guess it's not so bad after all.

Doug Miller

Could be worse. My father in law passed away yesterday 'bout noon (brain metastasis of of renal cancer caused a blood vessel to pop about a week ago -- major intra-cranial bleed did a lot of damage, tumor too wound in to be removed, and it was all down hill from there -- guys go out there and write those living wills, it's the kindest thing you can do for your loved ones in a case like this). Really hit my wife, MIL, and 6 yo son hard The three year old son really doesn't grok it. The two girls (11m and 5wks) are young enough to be blissfully ignorant.

The grey clouds of the household are balanced by the fact that the girls are celebrating their first Christmas -- one foster/pre-adopt, one new born bio-kid. The foster was the FIL's favorite toy --- MIL spent much of the day hugging and playing with her. I've spent the last 36 hours trying to strike a balance between being with the living (kids, Christmas etc) and supporting the mourning.

'spose I'd better drag this on forum somehow --- here's a half hearted effort: On the upside SWMBO got me a nice convex spokeshave and a sweet little Japanese detail saw. Now I just gotta find the motivation/energy. Maybe I'll go rough out something tomorrow on the lathe tomorrow. Merry Christmas to all.

hex

-30-

Reply to
hex

Doug,

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune..... But, boo hoo. get over it. Life and happiness is what you make of it and how you deal with the bad says alot about who you are. These tough times will make for great stories in the furure and it builds charactor. Make the most of it and set a good example for your children. Life and family (immediate and extended) are a blessing. Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hanukah, and Happy What-Ever-You-Please!

I loved patrick's post. Thanks dude. That's what it's all about! Good night.

Reply to
boulderscott

Sadly, life includes flaming ass-holes.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

While what you say is true, I think he meant well, just poor communication skills.

To the guys having troubles - keep in mind that things -will- get better, just do what you can to help it get that way and help others through it.

Thousands of people are pulling for you.

Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Well, aren't you a breath of fresh air. Thanks for the sympathy and understanding.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Guys,

After re-reading my post this morning, I'm a little embarrassed. That was very insensitive of me. I just hate whiners and I thought Patricks message was great and a few guys kind of poo poo'd on it a little. Doug, please accept my apology and hang in there, buddy.

Reply to
boulderscott

Well hell then, I'll retract my flaming ass-hole statement then.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Accepted. Thank you.

Doug Miller