Fitting curved pieces

I'm making the scales (sides) for a nice damascus-steel knife. The main body of the scales are an orange-with-swirly-black burl (don't remember name). The "guards" will be made from ebony. My problem is that the scales and guard don't meet up along a straight line, rather a sweeping curve. How does one cut the pieces so that they fir together *exactly*? Because of the size/shape, I can't stack them and cut them simultaniously on a bandsaw. It's a big pita to make a router jig just for this one small project. Ideas?
Smaug Ichorfang wrote:

Can you use a pattern?
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Smaug Ichorfang wrote:
> It's a big pita to make a router jig just for this one small > project.
Welcome to the world of PITA.
Can you make a pattern from 1/4" hardboard using a scroll saw?
Lew

Cut close with a coping saw, hand fit with files, chisels or small carving planes (luthier planes). Woodworkers love a challenge!
Dave
Thanks for all the suggestions! I guess there's no easy way. I think I'll cut the ebony guards to shape, scribe the scales, cut shy of the line, and file/sand to fit, just like it's been done for centuries. If I were making more than one, I definitly would mae a jig. I have a set of jigs for making 1911 Colt auto pistol grips. Even a blind monkey could make a set in under ten minutes.