Fishing Pole storage Rack

Does anyone have a a site for 8 to 10 fishing pole storage racks to go to. Thanks

Reply to
Mark Sowieja

On a boat or in the basement at home?

If you are able to hang them from the joists in the basement, it becomes a simple band saw project.

Find a West Marine or Boaters World and look at their displays.

HTH

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Funny you should as such a thing Mark - I've been wandering around the net looking at just the same thing. There are a bunch of sites if you do a google, that will show all sorts of rod holders. So far I haven't seen any ideas I'm really fond of. I'm looking to build something that will hold

10-12 rods with the reels on them and will accomodate a mix of rod types. I'm looking to build something the will hold a couple or a few fly rods, a couple of 5' ultra lights, a few 6' spinning rods, and what ever else. Some of these (the ultra lights) don't break down so the rack will have to accomodate varying length rods. Right now I'm thinking of something perhaps that will be three sided or maybe even curved, so that it does not take up so much wall space. It will also have a generous drawer underneath it for line, etc. Still toying with designs in my head though, so if you find some good looking ideas, or come up with some on your own, please drop me a line and we'll compare notes.
Reply to
Mike Marlow

looking at just the same thing.

Reply to
Rob Mills

I visited a houseboat where the fishing rod rack used the spring type clothespins.

handles went into a a row of holes in a board near the floor and the clothespins, mounted with nails through the barrels of the springs, grabbed the rods near the tips. It didn't make the yachting types jealous, but it worked.

Reply to
cerskine