Fisch Workbench

Anyone seen one of these? Where I live you could hardly buy the wood for that price. Then again it wouldn't be "Malaysian hardwood" either. Might be O.K. to use for a while. Thoughts???

Paul

Paul in MN

Yes I did a little research on it, a piece of junk. The top is 1" thick as I asked a seller of them. It is also being sold on Amazon.com but with many seriously negative buyer's reviews on the same sale page:

is so poorly made that it will take ton of tuning work to get it feasable for use. Even then, the thickness of the top is a joke.

It made in China, the same seller told me:

but for twice the price they sell a well made Sjoberg swede-made bench that will be far more worth it and a 10 year warrenty, but email them as to it's size. Same price can be found at Rockler.com. I was considering the Fisch bench as well because of my own financial status. Decided to devise my own top for a bench I already have.

I recommend not to by the Fisch bench.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

feasable for

Yeah, it sounded a little too good to be true. I guess I should know by now to go by the wreck credo. "Buy Once, Cry Once". But damn I still like a great deal every now & then.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul in MN