Fisch Benchtop mortiser

Has anyone out there had any experiences with the newer Fisch benchtop mortiser. It has been updated from 1/2HP to 3/4HP and the common complaint about a plastic depth stop has been replaced by metal. I cannot find the newer model in any retail outlet.

Reply to
Tom

Out of curiosity, why would anyone need more than 1/2 HP on a bench mortiser?

We're only talking about turning drill bits aren't we? No problems at 1/2 for me, I know.

Reply to
George