First week of class - 1/2

Folks -
I've tried posting this three times, and it just disappears.... I've broken the message into two parts, in case somehow a page of text is *just too much* for MSOE to deal with...
Folks -
Whew, I finished the first week! I've got 4 sets of students, and a group of
drop ins....? One group was like herding cats.... I should have been so
lucky...? After the first week my "view from the front" is that about 40% of
the students have some motivation, about 40% range from being dark, cool and
withdrawn, to only having a benign interest in learning; the remaining 20%
is split between kids that are really interested, and a few real trouble
makers - sometimes the same kid...
As for a "crisis of the week", I had a group of 'drop in' kids - they work
for about a half hour during their lunch... and when they all left I noticed
that one of them had just tagged the class door with spray paint.? I
followed them all out, asked who did it, and of course, nobody knew.? I then
said that the lunch work period was voluntary on my part, and that the shop
would remain closed for lunchtime work until the responsible person came
forward.? I had the kid clean up the paint, and told him I may make him
paint the door....?? I've reconsidered that tho'? - I want to be more
constructive... maybe making some push sticks.

Maybe a problem with your newsreader or ISP??
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:30:06 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

This is the first time it has shown up through my provider (APN).