first 'real' woodworking project

hi everyone... here's a link to my latest project - in process.... building a set of porch doors to replace ones that were rotted out on my 130 year old victorian house. i've done carpentry work around the house, and built the occasional shelf, etc, but i consider this my first real woodworking project - probably because i'm using mortise and tenon joinery. anyway, check it out if you'd like, and any suggestions you might have will be appreciated....
http://members.cox.net/ken.blais/woodworking/porchdoors / thanks,
ken

The pictures were interesting. The red type on black background is unbearable. Please change it to something readable and I'll read it.
Bob
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:45:30 GMT, "Bob Davis"

| |> http://members.cox.net/ken.blais/woodworking/porchdoors / | |The pictures were interesting. The red type on black background is |unbearable. Please change it to something readable and I'll read it.
Yep. I have a dialup connection and am in the country so I connect at about 26 kBaud on a good day. So I didn't finish the downloading of the photos.
A coupla comments tho. I cut the mortises first and then fit the tenons. For a door, the tenons coulda (shoulda?) been longer.
Move those clamps holding the aux fence to the other side so than when they come loose and drop off they don't get into the blade. (Don't ask me why I say this.)
Wes