First Gloat

I bought a 6" dial caliper from Lee Valley for about $30 and have been satisfied with it. I had looked at the Starrett but decided my work would never justify something so pricey.
The other day I was cruising a yard-sale store for cheap novels, and spied a Starrett 6" caliper in its original casing with storage case. I looked at it up and down and figured this had never been used, but there was no price tag on it. I asked and the lady said $25. I offered her $20, and she gave me a look that said "Do I look that stupid?". I paid the $25, and as she was giving me change, I remarked that I accepted her price because it was likely worth $100 at LV.
So I looked it up. $175.
She said she got it from an estate sale. I guess I'll have to go back and see what else she's got.
Yeah, I know. I suck.
Tanus
Tanus wrote:

You gotta share the gloat. ;-)
--
Froz...

Tanus wrote:

You indeed sucketh, bubba ...!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Messing with the weather again, eh? Enough suction to empty The Rideau Canal.