First career, last career

Page 2 of 2
update for you http://home.att.net/~PeteSchug / hangs around Rec.Music.makers.bowed-strings. Good man knows quite a bit.
--

"Howard" <hlh snipped-for-privacy@iwon.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Howard, Books - to find out what is involved. Finally got in touch with a buddy of mine who builds guitars as a hobby and several years ago started bulding violins. I asked him about books he used to learn with and one he suggested was Violin Making Then and Now. Tried to find it in used books but couldn't, however when I entered "violin construction" in keywords in the Abebooks advanced search function it returned 111 entries of what appears to be many good violin construction books so that might be a good place to start to buy preliminary and reference information. Googling also produced some good sources.
Kiyu