Firewood ?

If a tree was cut down inMarch and I just cut the logs into firewood length pieces, would it be easier to split the wood now, or when it has seasoned a few months? It is pine, I know I wont use it this season.

Best time is after a long freeze. Pine is easy enough to split most any time though.

i cut a tree down in june, Split it right away and now it is great burning wood, Yes, i have used it already.It is cold here in the east coast.There is a trick to splitting wood right away, it is just as easy as splitting seasoned wood.. Joe

That could take YEARS if you live in the South. ;~)

Two days in the Frigidaire!

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

In my experiance, it depends upon the type of tree.
Here in the northwest, I end up buring oak, doug fir and some madrone. The oak and madrone are always easier to split when green. The Doug fir almost explodes when hit with a sledge after it has had some time dry.
--
Frank Stutzman

Shoot - it's pine. It splits easy any time.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net