Fireplace screen

I am looking to build a wooden fire screen. I remember seeing one with wood designs on a blank panle that sat in fron of the fireplace during summer. I tried Google but only found glass or similar screens. The type that I am looking for was a type of mural on ply or similar. Any ideas?
Thanks
Garry

Since it's not a functioning piece like a fireplace screen that is in place while a fire is going and doesn't need to be operated, you have to size it to your fireplace and it's essentially a decorated panel, why not just wing it? Pick a picture of anything you like and put that on a piece of plywood. http://www.shopping.com/xDN-home_furnishing--fireplaces_and_furnishings-hi_fabric_or_material_wood-fireplace_screens

Gary I posted 4 pictures of a Walnut and Oak fireplace screen that I built about 4 years ago. Posted on a.b.p.w.

Issue 130, February 2001 Better Home & Gardens WOOD Magazine, pages 68-71.
Check your local library or woodworking guild/club.
Check the url to see if this is what you are looking for:
http://woodstore.net/is130feb20.html

I built a fireplace screen that is basically 3 raised panel doors attached together. The center door is twice as wide as the other two, so it folds flat. You can get as creative as you want.
DonkeyHody "I'd rather expect the best from people and be wrong than expect the worst and be right."

Hey there, you might find some great fireplace tips here: http://fireplace.submit-articles.biz /

How about I put the tip of my boot up your ass for free, mofo? Pedal your crap elsewhere.