Fire extinguisher recommendation for a home shop

Page 5 of 5

Putting water on a live wire is a big no-no in our dept, but that might be due to having no idea if the place we're going into is properly wired, as being in a fairly isolated, rural community, people get "creative" in their wiring an building habits.
Take-off,eh!
jo4hn wrote:

Most smoke detectors installed in new housing (less than 5 years old), sound alarms throughout the house when one goes off. If not, it's a simple thing to daisy chain one alarm to another. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you need to talk to a professional. I have a large (7kg) ABC fire extinguisher in my shop. I got a discount when I went to my local fire house and asked questions. Believe it or not, Firemen are as friendly as police (or more).

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:35:59 GMT, "news.cfl.rr.com"

they're a lot better pool players, too.. lol
Mac