Finishing Wood

Raise the grain, smooth, seal, paint, clear coat... for hand carved crankbaits for fishing. Most of the guys who do this spend several days from start to finish in sealing, sanding, painting, and clear coating.
I'm not wanting to make a sell crankbaits, but I would like to make a few of my own. I just struggle with spending days on finishing after spending days on carving...
Any suggestions?
If I find a finish process I like I'll probably machine carve the baits I make using my little CNC router.
Bob La Londe
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------- When it comes to finishing, there ain't no short cuts unless you have a couple of hundred $K laying around you want to spend on automation.
Lew
On 4/9/2015 3:48 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

Acrylic pen blank?
On Thu, 9 Apr 2015 13:48:57 -0700

seems like you'd not want smooth surface for a crankbait maybe cnc one that has the proper surface that will create small surface turbulence like some sharks have
then to finish how about just dipping it in polyurethane after cnc