finishing with deft

whats some of you guys finish routine with Deft? i.e....do you sand with 000 after the first coat, or after maybe 3 coats. My next project (with cherry), im thinking of trying several coats before i hit it with the Swool....

-- DavisWoodShop

Reply to
sawdust

I generally knock back each coat with 220 grit sandpaper and save the steel wool for rubbing out the finish.

Reply to
Mike G

I spray one good coat or two light ones and sand lightly with 320 grit then shoot one or two wet coats (total of three).

Reply to
Preston Andreas

I use the sanding sealer (brown can), two coats. Then knock it down with very fine pad. I prefer the 1/8" foam pads. Then a couple of coats of the regular Deft hitting it lightly between coats with ultra fine pad.

Mike

Reply to
Mike