Finishing the new shop floor

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 16:02:04 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Thanks for the information.
Reading the use instructions I noticed that the total cure time is 14 days.
My equipment has been in storage for a year and has to come out on 6/28 so I might have a problem with the finish when moving saws and a 500 lb lathe into the shop.
I might have to explore another option. Maybe doing nothing to the floor.
Thanks for the reply.
On 6/20/2016 9:02 PM, swalker wrote:

Nothing, would be my finish of choice for a shop floor using AdvanTech.
IME, you'll regret it in short order in that application.
Part of the charm of the wood shops of yore was a floor finished with nothing but sweeping compound to hold the dust down.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Swingman,
This has me confused...

Sounds like your first choice would ge regreted.
??
On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 8:53:13 PM UTC-5, swalker wrote:

Regret applying a finish, is what I understand.
Another option: I mentioned my oak flooring is slippery, when sawdust collects. I put a (paper-backed, cheap) roll rug around one table saw. A roll rug may be cheaper than finishing or painting.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/4034835606/in/photostream
Sonny
On 6/22/2016 7:22 AM, Sonny wrote:

LOL ... takes a coonie cousin to understand one.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 6/21/2016 8:52 PM, swalker wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.
What is my finish of choice for a shop floor of Advantech?
Nothing
You will likely regret doing anything else to it ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 6/20/2016 12:01 AM, swalker wrote:

Why not get a couple of more 71 year olds and you can get it done in about five days. I have three month to go and I can easily add two days to any project.

Based on the first days experience it might take longer than expected.
On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 23:01:27 -0500

what are you doing about the gaps at the edges
i would not bother sanding between coats but i would get some high traffic poly
On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 21:01:21 -0700, Electric Comet

Probably not worry about the sawdust in them. Maybe vacuum them occasionally..
On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 09:45:17 -0500

if your equipment is not moved around much it probably will not matter
maybe when they fill up with sawdust add some titebond or hf acrylic