Finishing question

I am finishing white oak bed with boiled linseed oil. Should I use then wipe on poly for protection?
Sasha wrote:

If you're using just plain linseed oil w/o some driers added--don't! It will take absolutely _forever_ to dry....

Duane
"boiled" = driers added
Sasha
We need more info...what are you using it for? Does it need additional protection? Do you like the look of BLO only?
This is regular twin size bed I built for my kids. footborad and headboard are raised panels, frame is 2" white oak. I would say it needs good protection as kids like to abuse furniture.