Finishing question

I'm looking for a tough finish for a childs' dresser. The problem is that because it's still rather cold here (35F) I really don't want to open the windows, and SWMBO can't tolerate the smell from the vapors. Anyone know of a tough film that doesn't stink (as much as poly)?
Bowhunter
Water based poly.
let me add, "with cross-linker added". But then he'll have to spray it (Enduro WB poly) <g>
dave
toolguy wrote:

it's fine to add the hardener *and* the flow-out additive. then it will get extra hard and look good from a brush.
I've got the flow-out conditioner, but must confess I've never brushed it on a real project. I have brushed it on a sample board to judge the extent of darkening when I've added dye to the top coat.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@all.costs wrote:

I brushet some the other day- needed to do a little on site finishing, mebbe 10 square feet, and didn't feel like hauling out a spray setup.
worked fine.