Finishing question

So I sanded my project, wet it down and sanded down the fuzzys, applied my stain and now I see some glue splotches. How can I get rid of them without sanding down the entire piece or screwing up the finish?
I don't know since the stain is applied, but a 50% mixture of white vinegar and water warmed up to hot, not scalding will dissolve carpenter's glue. It may freckle the wood (according to specie) and the freckles will have to be sanded out. Try it on a sample first. Apply the vinegar water with an acid brush or q-tip.

actually you have not got to the finish as yet and having recognized the problem at this stage it is easily corrected, the real answer if you want it to look good with minimum problems...resand and restain...mjh

probably not. Problem with glue is it doesn't sand very well. Usually scraping does a better job.
--

"Just Dave" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...
I recently had the same problem. After applying some Watco, a couple of glue splotches showed up. I took a scraper to those areas and reapplied the Watco. It was better but still noticeable so I tried again and it worked. Afterwards I put on a couple of more coats of Watco to the entire surface and it blended everything together.