Finishing questio

I just finished a piece and used my Beall buffing system. I started with an unfinished piece and used the Tripoli bar and than the white diamond bar. The piece has a nice sheen to it but I would like to get a higher gloss with some polyurethane. Should I sand a bit or can I just wipe it on the medium sheen surface.
Thanks, John

I would lightly hit it with 0000 steel wool first. OR add a bit of wax.
If I add wax to the wood the polyurethane should have no trouble bonding? Am I reading this right?
Thanks, John

an
bar.
medium

the wax would be instead of more poly. the wax would add some shine. if you choose more poly, roughen the surface first, not wax. poly won't stick to wax well at all.

Like bridger indicated, the wax will add more shine.
Good pun

an
with
I'm not at all sure what binder is used in the abrasive bars, but I would not trust it under poly, even after sanding. If you want to improve the shine after the polishing, you want to buff it with a wheel loaded with hard carnuba wax. It WILL shine!