finishing pine planks

I came across some thick cut pine planks with the bark(@17"*14'). I want to finish these corredtly I hope. I was thinking of burning the surface & then sandblasting it. I'm not sure how I would then tint and/or seal/finish the surface. I am hoping to build a couple of sofa tables on an iron base. Can anyone give me any tips? Thanks
Depends on how much pitch is in the wood. I've used pitchy pine and after cutting the pieces I would wipe them down with turpentine to remove as much of the pitch as I could then I'd seal them with shellac. You might experiment with some scraps and see what works best. Good Luck. Ross