Finishing Morado (aka Bolivian Rosewood)

DAGS found one article indicating that Morado "reacts poorly to some oil finishes". No more info given. The same article indicates that the wood color may fade on exposure to sunlight (UV I assume).
I've put together a ring box of Morado and qulited maple (kind of a spectacular contrast) for my wife for Xmas. I'd like to avoid any fading of the Morado but still get the maple grain to jump out. Plan was to use Waterlox until I read the article as I've had good luck with it on other figured maple works.
Any experience with finishing Morado or thoughts on finishing the box would be appreciated.
Regards.
Tom
Yes I have used kerfs wood cream from rocklers and it is just fine. Rub it in real good and then shine it up
Thanks for the input.