Finishing door jams

I have a number of door jams in place. I have been finishing the doors the mselves by spraying dye for color and then spraying Hydrocote as a finish c oat. Spraying the door jams in the house is out of the question. The logis tics of preventing overspray from going everywhere is just mind boggling.
I seem to have three options: First, dilute the dye in water, wipe, let it dry, and then brush on the Hydrocote (does it brush ).
Same as first option, but buy a brushing lacquer.
Third idea is to dilute the dye in a minimal amount of water, and add it to the Hydrocote - making a toner. Apply the toner to the jams with a bru sh.
Does anybody have any better and sure fire method?
Thanks,
Len
On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 5:23:19 PM UTC-4, Len wrote:

hemselves by spraying dye for color and then spraying Hydrocote as a finish coat. Spraying the door jams in the house is out of the question. The log istics of preventing overspray from going everywhere is just mind boggling.

e Hydrocote (does it brush ).

it to the Hydrocote - making a toner. Apply the toner to the jams with a b rush.

Remove the jambs and finish them just like you finished the doors.
I'm half kidding but I gotta ask: Why didn't you finish them before you ins talled them? I'm assuming they are new, correct?
On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 7:26:12 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

themselves by spraying dye for color and then spraying Hydrocote as a fini sh coat. Spraying the door jams in the house is out of the question. The l ogistics of preventing overspray from going everywhere is just mind bogglin g.

the Hydrocote (does it brush ).

d it to the Hydrocote - making a toner. Apply the toner to the jams with a brush.

nstalled them? I'm

This has been a 10 year labor of love. I needed to put up the doors th en. I need to finish them now
Len