Finishing book

Can someone recommend good book about finishing? I have no finishing experience.

I liked Bob Flexner's book _Understanding Wood Finishing_.
todd

Ditto, I'll also add Jewett's 2004 book:
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)05749018/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-4713787-2932013?v=glance&s=books&nP7846>
I have both, and give the slight nod to Jewitt for updated information, especially about water base materials.
Barry

I agree.
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:08:06 -0500, "Alexander Galkin"

Some recommendations and reviews are here: http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/Reference/books.htm
Groggy ---------------- A friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you, saying, "That was ****ing awesome!".

This fellow is pragmatic, and has good advice for beginning to intermediate finishers.
http://www.michaeldresdner.com/store.shtml
The other recommendations I saw were also excellent.
Patriarch
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:08:06 -0500, the inscrutable "Alexander Galkin"

In this order:
"Hand-Applied Finishes" by Jeff Jewitt. (best all-around) "Understanding Wood Finishing" by Bob Flexner. (best technical) "Woodfinishing Book" by Michael Dresdner. (worst photography, but there is a new--titled "New WF Book"--copy out which I haven't seen.) "Spray Finishing" by Andy Charron (also "waterborne finishes")
I haven't seen Frank Klausz' finishing book, but I know he loves Waterlox on Cherry and I'm sure the book is a good one.
My suggestion: Get some Waterlox and give it a try. Once you get a good finish with that, you can experiment with other, more picky finishes. But this one can't be beat.
========================================================= I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com --Socrates + Web Application Programming
Me either, but I start LOTS of things ;)