finishing and aging cherry

I'm making a small box using cherry and have two questions. 1. If I finish with Danish Oil and them dont like it can I spray on a lacquer finish after several days.
2. Will either or both finishes interfere with the natural aging (darkening ) of the cherry. This is my first experience working with cherry.

The oil most definately will not delay the natural darkening. I prefer a wax (watco) over the oil finish, maybe you'd consider trying that on a sample piece? It really brings out the grain, and for a box it's not like you need to be particularly tough of a finish. Worth trying to see if you like it.
Dave Hinz
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net says...

yes, no
--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods

Thanks guys. The box if proceeding nicely with your advice. Dennis