Finishing a toy balsa ship

Page 2 of 2
@NOSPAM.19052.invalid says...

Ah, fair comment, I didn't know. Same here, actually :-) I've lived in NZ for over 20 years now, and I regularly run up agains the fact that a liquid may be called methylated spirits here, and denatured alcohol in the States; what's called white spirits here may be called fresh gas in the US or in the Uk, can't remember, and something different again in the other...
Yeesh. It's bloody hard to communicate straight at times!
-P.
Ignoramus1280 wrote: > My son and I made a toy ship. The body is made from a balsa block, we > still have masts, bowsprit etc to add. I think that it will be sturdy > enough to survive for a while. > > My question is how to finish it. <SNIP>
Model airplane "dope" AKA: paint.
Lew