Finishing a Table Insides?

I'm almost done assembling a Huntboard Table; plans out of Popular Woodworking. As this will be an entry piece of furniture, I'm planning on shellacing the table. The question is about: does the inside surface of the table need to be finished as well. I know the top does to help minimize warping but seems to me the inside surfaces are not. I know the insides and sides of drawers are not finished either.
Your comments welecomed,
Otoe

You apply a finish to the top to "protect" the finish. Applying a finish to only one side/surface can increase the odds of the piece warping. When applying a protective finish you want to apply the finish to all surfaces exposed to air.
"Otoe" wrote:

SFWIW, recently finished a chest of drawers and coated ALL surfaces with at least 2 coats of 1/2 lb shellac.
Took longer to cut the shellac from 3 lb to 1/2 lb than it did to apply it.
Lew

Apply the shellac to all surfaces. Don't forget the bottom of the legs where there is end grain. You can dilute the shellac (with alcohol) and apply this spit coat to all drawer surfaces. After a month or two, wax and buff.
4ax.com:

Finish all sides. Bad things can happen to the unfinished side such as staining or maybe mold growth. I've got a small table that was finished only on the top side and it's got some staining on the bottom now, plus it's warped a bit. I've got a couple coats of poly on the bottom sides now and haven't seen any other bad signs.
Puckdropper