Finished Something

Hey WoodDorking Mavens,
Actually got some woodworking done. Good news is I got paid for it. Not so good news is I'd have rather been working on something for SWIATAABOC. Oh well, gotta follow the money. Your comments welcome.
http://www.klownhammer.org/conferencetable /
O'Deen
Hi O'Deen:
I think it looks pretty slick. In your "all done" shot, the table is still in two pieces - is that how you left it? I thought after the first pic of you cutting it in half you were gonna try to rejoin it with the length shortened.
Anyway, did you get to take home the 6 feet of the table you cut out??
Mike

The original table was in two pieces, so I actually took three feet off of the middle of each half. It sits on three pedestals, with the square ends merely butted up against one another. Some small steel plates are to be screwed in from underneath to sort of hold the whole thing together.

Yup. Two sections - 3x5 feet.
Next project is a cherry fireplace mantle shelf for a friend.
O'Deen
On 21 Jan 2004 16:03:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Patrick Olguin) wrote:

Nice yob onnna table, O'Deener.
ps: Call it a "mantel"; it's more perfesshunull.
Y'all can wear a mantle whilst ya make the mantel, but not ta udder way 'round.
(just being a prick - ya unnnerstand)
Love and kisses.
She Who Is A Total Animal And Belches On Command?

Wood Butcher wrote:

sigh...
"She Who Is All That And A Bag Of Chips".
I cheated. I saw the wedding photos and speaks a wee bit of Olquineze.
By the way Patricio, very nicely executed.
UA100, who realized last night he has a package here for SWIATAABOC...
On 20 Jan 2004 16:13:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Patrick Olguin) wrote:

How do you like that cordless saw?
Barry
On 20 Jan 2004 16:13:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Patrick Olguin) wrote:

That's some pretty wood. I keep looking at those tailess saws, but they just don't seem to have the guts to do the job. I keep buying battery things and swearing I'll never do it again, until the next, that is. I'm curious too, Did you get to keep the off-cuts? Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 01:52:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com wrote:

Hi Paddy
Long time since I've seen you posting.
Very nice table, shellac?
;-)
Good hearing from you Mike
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

brought forth from the murky depths:

He'll never live that one down, eh? <bseg>

Ditto here. Hell, I'm even _painting_ all the wood in the kitchen and living room. (stained wood deserves that, wot?)
The local Farmer's Supply has baltic birch for $16.95 a sheet so I'm headed down there this morning. It'll be for some little wall cabinets to get my planes within reach, finally.
--== May The Angst Be With You! ==-- -Yoda, on a bad day -- http://diversify.com Ending Your Web Page Angst.

That's cold, Greg. Very cold. (Wish I had beat you to it. :-)

I'm currently starting to wish I *wasn't* doing so much with wood at present. After the xmas gift-making season, I'm way behind on a hutch for SWMBO. (She needs it to store her camera equipment and display photos. She's spent almost as much money on camera gear as I have on tools. Sheesh. :-)
Then there's Valentine's Day coming up, so I need to get cranking on that. Then there's our anniversary (the end of March), so I need to be planning that. Top it off with a case of Galoot's shoulder (feels sort of like a rotator cuff, probably caused from excessive planing), and all things considered, I'd rather be fly-fishing. :-}
Chuck Vance Just say (tmPL) I know ... whine, whine, whine.
Chuck,
you've got to be more than good enough with a plane by now to do your hogging left handed and finishing right handed, would that ease the load - or just give you "two" sore shoulders?
Greg (who, btw, is sitting firmly on his typing fingers so they don't suggest buying a jointer and thicknesser... hehe)
"Conan the Librarian" wrote in message ...

Bite me, Greg. :-)
Naw, there's none of that in my future. I'll just take it easy and tie flies or fish for a couple of days and then I'll be back at it. I just have to be more careful in my old age. :-)
Chuck Vance
"Conan the Librarian" wrote in message ...

;-)
Cure = tie flies and fish? Y'know, my shoulder is kinda sore too....
Greg

Hey - nice pics of your "table saw" ... :)
Cheers -
Rob