Finished Setting up tablesaw wing

Thanks to all who gave me some advise on getting my tablesaw extension wing set up. For those who did not see the post, both the saw and wing were completely flat, could get mating edges flat but only without tightening bolts all the way. After tightening the bolts the outside edge (opposite the mating edge) raised above the saw table, throwing it out of whack.

Someone suggested calling Delta, and while they were helpful, only reiterated the advice here, which was to shim the wing at the top to prevent this raising effect. They suggested using aluminum from a soda can.

I had some copper sheet leftover, which proved to be too thick. Scratched my head for a while trying to think what I could come up with that would be thinner. Then I remembered an article in Wood Magazine which mentioned aluminum foil as a potential shim.

Real easy to use too. Cut a strip and stuck it in, if it wasn't thick enough, I just folded the strip in half and tightened the bolts again. Took me about 15 minutes, saw is perfectly flat now.

Chuck

Reply to
Woodchuck34