Finished my first project

I've done a lot of framing and rough carpentry in my spare time over the last fifteen years but I never had the time or the tools to do any serious woodworking. Last year I was fortunate enough to have both the time & resources (and permission from my wife) to build and outfit a decent shop. One of the side benefits of building this detached shop was that we had to remove about 8 large mature trees, which I had sawn into lumber. I ended up with about 2,000 BF of mixed maple, ash & beech. This is the first large project that I have attempted and I'm very pleased with the results. Take a look:
http://pws.chartermi.net/~jsweeney/desk.html
Jswee
Curmudgeon in training
Very pretty ! nice design - keep up the good work.

up
Congratuations. Nice work. 2000BF of lumber should keep you going for a little while longer... ;-)
Brian.

up
says...

He did say it was his first project. If his was like mine, that would be about the right amount of wood to allow for test setups and fixing mistakes. :-)
(Jswee) says:

Yeah, I know I'm pathetic. Just be glad you did'nt have to watch me beg & grovel for a new bandsaw recently, that was ugly, really ugly! : )
BTW she got a major chuckle when I explained SWMBO to her but she thought there ought to be something about "worshipped" in there as well.
Jswee
Curmudgeon in training
Looks fantastic! That beech really came out nice!
Larry
Jswee wrote:

Very nice project!
--
Rumpty

Great job!
If this was your first project, I can only guess what you will be able to accomplish once you have a few years under your belt.
Rob

up

Congratulations! That's a really nice looking piece.