Finished it today. (Last kitchen)

A few hundred round plastic discs with holes and numbers for some farmer who is going to hang them off a bunch of cattle's ears.
Then a 4' x 8' image of a cartoon-like bee for a honey place and a 64' (feet) sign for same out of plexi. Then a bunch of 32 mm panels. Tomorrow a coat of arms in 3D. Then build another one of these plasma stands:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/TuToneAV.jpg
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 06:29:06 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Faskinatin', wot?

OK, now we're getting into the fun stuff.

What materials are those made from? Wood and black solid surface?
-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

*bowing my head in shame* . . . . . . UniBoard melamine and laminate. It was an exercise in material usage and adaptability. The key issue was to hide all them frickin' wires. This one will take 60" up to 300# and still slide comfortable away from the wall. Some options include powerbars and surge protectors. One comes with genuine Variac power conditioning. I _can_ make them from quality veneers and solid surface/ quartz but I keep trying to bring these in under $2K. All the tool- pathing has been done. One bit change, and 3 sheets of whatever. All the cut-offs turn into ribbing which are all set up for wire chases.
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:16:06 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

OMFG!
WHAT? You're getting a couple grand for glorified melamine MDF board? I'm in the wrong freakin' business. (I thought that looked something like a SketchUp grain rather than real woodgrain.)

Cool.
What's your CNC setup, again?
-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

General 4 x 8 Elte Spindle 3HP with 3Phase VFD.
http://www.generalcnc.ca/cnc_for_production
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:44:57 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

He's a big boy. (Sounds expensive.) I'll bet it's fun to work with.
-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

I'm glad I bought the size I did, thatsafursure. One thing I did learn, is when one makes the commitment to buy one, one must allow a non-productive time in order to tackle the learning curve. It is not nearly as bad as I want my customers to believe, but a solid knowledge of vector editing and file-conversion is essential. The boys at Vectric have created an incredible piece of software that would have cost $10,000 not too long ago. Their Aspire package is insanely powerful and relatively friendly to use. Owning a cnc without a package like that forces one to grow a brain like Morris's and who wants that? <G>
On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:59:43 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

2nd mortgage required?

How many months?

Ah should whup on Corel some more first, y'reckon? I just picked up X5, upgading from v3 to v9, then to X5 over the years. I don't yet have my Wacom tablet set up in Win7, but I might do that this weekend while I let my bod rest. (I can't keep up this pace or a limb will surely fall off.)
What formats are you finding most common to be converted to/from, Toy?

It looks pretty nice. Is it a fully-3D CAD/CAM package?

Cat's got brains? Or do you mean that smoky guy, Philip Morris? Or that wonderful artistic guy, William Morris? Oh, you mean that strapping young DIY CNCer of Stirling reputation from EyeOhWay, don'tcha? Seor Dovey. Yeah, who wants _that_?
-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.