Finished Edge on 1/4" Ply?

I'm planning on installing a bunch of 1/4" ply sections for use with slotting dishes. The edges of the ply will be facing out. Anybody have an innovative method for finishing those 1/4" edges? All I can think of is several coats of paint until they look smooth.

Reply to
Dave

------------------------------------- Use Birch ply (5 ply) and finish natural.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Plywood edges will finish to a nice, smooth looking surface using normal sanding methods as long as there are not voids showing. If there are, fill them first. I think you'll be surprised how nicely they'll come out. Try it on a couple of scrap pieces first if you aren't believing it. Break the edges after sanding & before painting so you won't have any splinters or edges so sharp that bumping them with something knocks the finish off. It's a pretty simple process overall. You should be able to find corrobating information with a search engine rather easily also. I don't have time to look it up right now.

HTH,

Twayne`

Reply to
Twayne