Finished

Page 2 of 2

While modern systems no longer _include_ parallel ports, they certainly can _use_ them, if you can find an appropriate peripheral adapter.
For example, here's a USB parallel cable from amazon for less than USD10.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
On Mar 19, 10:16 pm, tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

Hadn't thought of that. I can see now how the strength of the spline would be greater "your" way, but I think it should be adequate in this application as is. ___________
Just out of curiosity, why did you decide to use splines rather than cut tongues on the ends of the rails?
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 3/20/2012 8:46 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I felt that it was more likely to fit within my skill set and tool complement. For instance, there's only one "height" adjustment to be made at the router table (for the slot cutter). My inexperience, coupled with a pretty cheesy router table setup, might have made a precision match between the tongue and groove difficult.
Having said that, I think I might go the T & G route the next time.
Greg Guarino wrote:

Cut the tenons on a saw, not with a router. Easier & better.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 3/19/2012 9:36 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

I suspect that is a small percentage of the people actually view these post. Sometime I go for weeks with out posting then someone will post something that catches my eye and I will follow the thread, posting when appropriated.

Don't worry. I am terribly proud of myself, and not just for the result, but also for puzzling out solutions for each of the problems that came up during the project. I think I have a pretty realistic assessment of my skill level, and what I need to improve on. I've learned a good bit recently, and I intend to use that learning to make better mistakes in the future. :)
Thanks for the encouragement.

My Dad always said, "everything is easy once you know how". I try to teach my daughter that too.
On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:12:21 -0700 (PDT), Greg Guarino

Precisely! Dad taught me that a scientific curiosity was my friend and I started learning how -everything- worked from the get-go. It is one of the most pleasurable aspects of my life.
Kudos on teaching that to your kids.
-- When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire. -- Whoopi Goldberg
Greg Guarino wrote:

in most groups it's been my exprience there are just as many lurkers as posters,sometimes more. Depending on the friendliness of the group<g>

42
On 3/21/2012 7:46 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:

"Good Answer!"
Richard wrote:

They are equal in base 27.
Bill wrote:

That is, if 42 is in base 27. 110 is actually 42 in base 36. Who woulda thought?