Finish recommendation for use in bathroom

I've made a low step for my wife to stand on in front of the bathroom sink. Any recommendations as to a durable finish? The top is hard maple.
Thanks,
--
Joe Riel

"Joe Riel" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/6pqq23
Best varnish going IMHO.
Lew

Three coats of polyurethane and let it cure for a week. I used that on the kitchen stool for my wife and it has held up for years.
My other solution is to trade in the short Italian for a 5'11" Swedish blonde. Actually, two of them. When my wife turned 66 I told her I can get two 33's for the same price. She is laughing now, but when it happens. . .
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
<snip>

You mean she didn't ask you what you thought you would do with them if you got them?
Lew

his wife turned 40 he was going to trade her in for 2 20s, but he found out that at 40 HE wasn't wired for 220!!
Joe Riel wrote:

I would glue some rubber tread on top. Especially in a bathroom.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Yeah, I wonder about that. Should I be able to do that afterwards, glue to a varnished surface, if it seems necessary?
--
Joe Riel

Joe Riel wrote:

Yeah, just use liquid nails.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
"willshak" wrote:

Joe wrote:

Use a mastic which is designed for the job.
Lew
On 9/16/2013 4:00 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

glue plastic to varnish.     mahalo,     j4
On 9/16/2013 1:32 PM, Joe Riel wrote:

Alternatively mix some "play box"coarse sand in with the varnish and then apply to the steps.
"Leon" wrote:

An old trick for putting "non-skid" on a boat deck.
Apply varnish then sprinkle sand or ground walnut shells using a salt shaker type can.
When varnish has dried, sweep off recess.
Lew