Finish Nailer, which?

Page 3 of 4

Now I see that Amazon has them new for the same money, $129 but show the re-build as "unavailable", maybe I'll hold off and see if they become available at Amazon. RM~
PS, Like everyone else, I'm looking for the mostest for leastest. :-)
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:37:42 -0500, Rob Mills wrote:

I bought a refurb P-C brad nailer from Woodcraft for $49. I haven't used it very much yet, but it seems fine. P-C refurbs do come with a warranty.
--
Art

I sort of thought that they might. I think I'll just wait a while and see if Amazon comes up with a re-built. I've always had good luck ordering things from Amazon, bought my framing gun from them several years ago. RM~

Here is a 16ga for $80 CDN new. http://www.bosstoolsupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdIDX33
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:34:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

FREE shipping as well. <g>
wrote:>> FREE shipping as well. <g><<
And no sales tax. <gg>
My wife recently wanted a Cusinart elect griddle, the best price I could find in town was $129 + sales tax. I got on line with amazon and had one delivered to my door for $104. RM~

I would do the touchy feely thing. Many of the cheaper units may not feel great after a few hours of shooting. Pay attention to the guards also many are pretty flimsy and slip around.
Personally I prefer Senco.
On 4/14/2006 11:44 AM Rob Mills mumbled something about the following:

Harbor Freight
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

Guess I should look at them, have a HF less than 2 miles from the house. I have a lot of their stuff, paint guns, air hose and I love the little 2 or 3 dollar volt ohm meters they have every now and then. I have 4 or 5 of them, that's so I can find one when I need it and I don't cry when I drop one off a ladder. I have checked their accuracy against my Simpson and Triplett meters and they are right on the money. How did I get on that subject??
Thanks all, RM~
On 4/14/2006 5:08 PM Rob Mills mumbled something about the following:

Closest HF to me is about 40 or so miles and hard to get to. I only go there if I happen to be in the neighborhood, which is almost never. I used to order from the web, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that since they changed their website.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

My Porter Cable FC350 framing gun was so aggressive I was scared of it. I'm 70 yr old and don't have the strength to hold it at arms length like I could at 21 and It would get off 3 or 4 rounds (nails) on a single pull of the trigger, I would have nails whizzing by in every direction. I called PC and told them that I needed a flack jacket or some kind of relief and they sent me a much less aggressive trigger assembly that just releases one nail at a time free of charge. RM~

I have two; a Porter Cable FN250B and a Porter Cable DA250B. I think highly of them both, but if I had to have only one it would be the DA250B.
Frank

I've just about decided that's the one I'm going to go with. I have a PC FC350 framing gun and a C H brad nailer. I'm hoping amazon will come up with a re-built DA250b. Thanks, RM~
You need to remember a few things:
"Finishing nailer" means a couple of different things in that industry.
Finish Nailer for molding = 15 gauge 2.5" nails MAX Finish Nailer for trim = 16 gauge 2.5" nails max. Brad Nailer for trim = 18 gauge 2" nails max. Pin Nailer for trim = VERY Small 1" max.
We won't go into wide crown staplers but you are going to want one of those for fastning backs on cabinets and other stuff.
Most of the above can be had for under $200 not including price of compressor.
Go here and browse your heart out....
http://www.portercable.com /
http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?eT7&p%90
Rob Mills wrote:

Pat Barber wrote:

Pin nailers can be had all the way up to 1-3/8". I'll have one tomorrow that handles 1-3/16".
dave
I admit I don't have a lot of knowledge in those guns.
PC has one but they are very proud of a gun that shoots tiny pieces of wire basically.
who makes the 1 3/8" version ???
David wrote:

Pat Barber wrote:

Grex and Cadex (same gun)
I just got my Cadex today. The "nails" are so tiny I had to get a magnifying glass to figure out which way to load the magazine, because they are headless. The gun also shoots small head nails too.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com says...

I've had a 23 Ga. PC pin nailer for a while and wonder why I waited so long to get one. The holes are so tiny they virtually disappear. But, it is not a nail gun. It is great, though for attaching molding or other parts that you are glueing. As Dave pointed out the pins are headless but the ones that came with the gun and the ones I bought are marked with arrows so you aren't as likely to install them backwards.
Tex wrote:

Mine are marked too, but since I didn't want to take a chance, I verified with a magnifier. Now that I'm sure the marks indicate "down", I'll just refer to the marks in the future. Thanks for mentioning it.
One thing I can't get it to do is toe nail without the pins making a U-turn. :) I tried ply/ply and oak/oak. More than 1/2 the pins did a u-ey.
Dave