Finish Nailer opinions??

I'm looking to buy a finish nailer for assembling furniture, mainly oak, but some pine or alder. I've looked at the Porter Cable FN250B, and their 650, a Senco 41XP. Then I saw some good opinions of the Craftsman 18177, or 18175, and the Craftsman 18431 had very good ratings. Any opinions on these?
Ol' Texan wrote:

What type of furniture are you building that would use a finish nailer? On occasion I've used a brad nailer for furniture but I've never used my finish nailer for this purpose.
A finish nailer may be a bit rough fo furnitue building. I use a porter cable 16g bradnailer. It accepts 1/2" to 2" brads. it makes much smaller holes. The nails are just to hold the wood together tight until the glue dries anyway. Because of the wood you are planing to use I suppose you are going to be making cabnets, entertainment centers, tables, ect? If so I would sugest using a biscut joiner as well. They make very strong joints and there are no nail holes to try to hide with filler.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Only that, with the exception of cabinet backs for which I use a narrow crown stapler, I can't think of any furniture I have or would make with a finish nailer of.
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods
Ol' Texan wrote:

Re uses wrt furniture I must agree...doesn't seem the appropriate tool.
The Senco 41Xp is certainly a nice gun. Here's my review of it if interested: http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/sencoxp41.htm
Hope that helps
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 70 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Infinity Kitchen Making Router Bit Set - Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Sherwood Lathe Copy Attachment - Ryobi Right Angle Drill - Porter Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer - Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction ------------------------------------------------------------