finish for cedar chest

i'm finishing a cedar chest. is it advisable to put a few coats of tung oil on, then finish with shellac or lacquer on top of the tung oil? has anybody finished cedar like this and had good or bad results?
thanks.
Abe wrote:

I used straight lacquer on the only one I did (back in 1980) Still looking ok after 27 years.