Finger Joint Clamp

"Finger Joint Pitch" in rec.crafts.woodwoorking:

The vise has removable jaws of flat steel about 6 mm thick and 1x4 inches. The screws are, I supppose, about 2 inches apart. If I use a 3x3x1 block of steel and saw two miter cuts that meet in the center with a milling setup, that would be pretty close.
I guess I have to draw it out.
The Dougster
Doug Goncz Replikon Research Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394
On Feb 4, 4:03 pm, I, "The Dougster" wrote:

I have drawn it out and a 1x3x4 inch block from the 1x3 inch bar I got from MSC will do it. Cutting that block off the bar will let me use the new tile saw wet with kerosene and a carbide blade instead of water and diamond. Better use a low-volatile coolant. I don't want to breath it or blow the house up. Maybe a varsol with some oil and wax.
I think I am going to have to mill the miter cuts and use an angle gage to set it up. I'll probably have to put a clock gage on it to make sure it isn't slipping during cutting, feed really slowly, and use a drip of kerosene.
I've already got a model in wood.
Doug