Fine Woodworking Articles are now "purchase only"

Page 3 of 3

I suspect that we prefer the music of our youth, by and large.
Patriarch
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:06:38 -0500, Hax Planx

Could be I just have bad mp3's, then- or maybe the cds I burned them to are wearing out. I just know that in the car, I get some really irriating buzzing in the treble ranges when I play mp3s, but that buzzing is not there with commerical cds. Off the computer and through the surround sound, it's not quite as noticable, but it's still there.
As far as the quality goes, I have no idea what is passing for pop music these days- I mainly listen to jazz and jump blues from smaller labels, and they really do seem to care about the quality of the product. I like to think the artists are getting a decent cut from those smaller labels too, though that may just be naive.
In article

information and burn it to a CD or copy it to an eBook that they offer for sale, charging for the information is one way to stop these leeches. More and more sites with free plans are now charging to download them for this very reason. My site has been copied verbatim so many times that I have just decided to ignore it, eBay gives lip service to the problem, but that is about all they do. I have an example on my site where boat plans are sold, what the customer gets is a photocopied sheet of paper with the instructions to go to my free plan site.
--
http://absolutelyfreeplans.com

And you haven't picked up on this business model, Frank?
;-)